Tuesday, June 4, 2013

2 years of Sass

I haven't done a Sass post in a long time.

We haven't taken her to her two year check-up just yet, because the thought of trying to find another pediatrician after her last run in with one, gives me anxiety. We've been playing lots of pretend doctor at our house lately to help, but who knows. I actually have someone I really want her to go try, but their clinic doors have not opened just yet. :)


We did get a weight on her at the last appt and it was 25 lbs. WHOOP! :) She  is still in the 5-10% I think, but she's growing so who cares! Plus, I don't put too much stock in those old out dated charts.


Rowyn, is not sleeping all the way through the night like she used to, and that started when she was about 18 months. We switched her to a "big girl bed" a few weeks ago and she generally sleeps from 10-10:30 PM to anywhere from 1:30AM-6AM. She gets in bed with us, cuddles and snoozes until 8:30AM or so.


She generally wakes up like her mama. Don't speak or look at her for a good hour, unless you want the look from hell. :) What can I say? I'm not a morning person....at all.She loves watching cartoons while I get our breakfast ready in the morning. Her favorites are Mickey Mouse, Bubble Guppies, or Sesame Street.



She isn't an all star eater, unless its fruit....then she could eat her weight in it if I let her. I told someone the other day I thought Baby Led Weaning was fool proof, but it turns out mine is just bound to be a picky toddler not matter what. :) Foods she used to love and scarf down, I can't even get her to look at. Now if I don't push it, she'll eat it. Apparently it's a head game. LOL. I'm getting a good glimpse into our teenage years.




We love to play with any sort of ball, a "choo choo" or ANYTHING outside. All the cheapest toys seem to be the best. $1 bubbles, balloons, bouncy balls, cardboard boxes, etc.



We still use sign language, but she talks so much it's not as important to us to learn new signs. She is a chatty Cathy through and through and we love it. Our favorite phrases lately are "Ro Ro Ro Boit!" (Row Row Row your boat), "Happy today??" (Morning conversation with Miller to make sure she's happy any day),  "EIEIO, Moo Moo here. Moo Moo here!" (Old McDonald is our favorite song), and "What are doing here??" Deciphering the toddler talk is always fun, because we have no clue what she says sometimes and she'll just repeat it over and over until we just say "Uh huh! yeah!" :)


We just finished up our swimming lessons a couple weeks ago, and since then she has been a fish!!! It's pretty incredible to see your 2 year old, who just last year just sat in a floatie, swim and kick around like it's something she has been doing forever. :)


She is a happy sassy little mama, and we love her. We are so blessed to have had her in our lives for the last 2 years, and we can't wait for the years to come.


Any new milestones in your household??? How old are your babies?? I love going back through my old Sass posts to see how much she has changed. It's nuts!

Have a great day!
Lots of Love,
The Boffs





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!