Monday, April 1, 2013

Willis's Protein Pancakes

Friday was my last day on my Insanity journey. I am so excited! I'll post more about the program later but I had to share these with my fitness gurus. When I first started I knew I had to find a way to incorperate protein in my diet. I wasn't getting enough.

Shuan T includes one in the nutrition booklet of the workout, but I'll be honest and say I could NEVER finish them. They were so so dry....so dry I needed to eat them in the rain, and even then I don't think that would have helped.

So after 60+ days of trying different recipes, I finally made one that I was pretty happy with. I bet it would have been even better with a little PB or PB2, but I loved them without. 


Here's what I did.
1 scoop protein powder- I use Vegan. 
2 egg whites
1/4 c quick oats
1/2 mushed ripe banana
A dash of cinnamon...

everything is better with a little cinnamon. :)
Mix all the ingredients.
Spray on your non stick cooking spray or whatever you use to grease up your skillet.
Turn up to medium high heat
Cook on both sides until cooked through
Top with your favorite berries.
Nutritional Info (This is after I put it all in Calorie Count)
308 Cal                                               
10g Pro
0g Fat
46gCarbs


Disclaimer: I am not a nutritional expert. Calorie Count is generally pretty right on...let me know if you think this is way off.

Go try them. Do you have a favorite protein rich recipe??? I  would love to try it! 

I hope you guys have a great Easter weekend!!! Here's a little Sassy Pants to make you smile:

video

Lots of Love,
The Boffs



1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I'm curious about your new eating habits!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!