Friday, April 5, 2013

Natural Detangler

I don't know if you have ever noticed my child's hair, but. . .





It has a mind of it's own. 

She has her Dad's and her Aunt's curls. The longer it gets, the more it looks like my sisters. It's out of control. Whats worse it's so fine and so curly it gets so tangled. After a nap seems to make it the wildest.


Trying to brush or comb her hair, is a NIGHTMARE! It hurts her and I can't bare to hurt her sweet noggin. I was tender headed as a kid, and I didn't have those sweet TIGHT curls. I've tried just straight up Coconut oil and water but I think since her hair is so fine, it holds on to all that oil. If you dont't wash it out COMPLETELY, then she looks like a minature grease monkey. 

So I decided to search around for a good natural detangler. I'm all for natural and DIY. :)


I've got a few "recipes" I want to try, but the first one has been pretty great so far. Here's what I did.

1 cup of warm/hot water.
1 tsp Coconut oil.
15 drops grapeseed extract
2 drops essential oil - I chose lavender. MMMmm.
1 spray bottle

First I mixed up the water and coconut oil so it would dissolve . Then I added in the rest. 
Shake it like a polaroid picture. Spritz it all over.
Bam.



TANGLE FREE! 
She didn't cry once when I tried to comb her hair. 

Also, it's left her curls nice and luscious and cut way down on the frizz. I even tried it on my own frizzy hair and it was GREAT!!! I'll keep using it too.

 So now this 

Looks a bit more like this.


Try it!! Tell me what you think!

I hope you guys had a great week! What's in store for the weekend?? I'm planning a bow auction over at Wild Woman Bowtique's FB Page. Don't miss it!!

Lots of Love,
The Boffs


3 comments:

  1. I noticed vinegar in the picture, but not the recipe....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I haven't tried an apple cider vinegar recipe yet. I just grabbed several recommended products and wanted to make a random concoction. I'll try that one next and let you know how it turns out. I have used it on my hair before with just water. It works great. I would add an essential oil like lavender to help with the smell.

      Delete
  2. do you know what the shelf life would be? And does it have to stored in a cool place? also does it leave the hair greasy at all? Thanks in advanced.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!