Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cloth Diaper Q&A Part 2.


This post is LONG over due. I get emails,texts, calls constantly regarding cloth diapers. I think it's about time I do a follow up to Cloth Diaper Q&A Part 1.  


Probably one of the most popular questions I get is "What brands do I like best.?" At first I "Thought that's easy..." then I realized I have so many. So I have to go back to which ones to I go for first when they are all clean. :)

Blueberry Deluxe Simplex Pockets - They are pricier than some, but totally worth it. These NEVER leak, they have crazy awesome prints, and the doubled up insert is awesome. These are also Daddy friendly, which means TBoff isn't cussing at the snaps. The man hates hip snaps. :)


Sunbaby - They are an amazing price, super cute, and great quality for the money. I like to order mine from The TMD shop if I don't want to make a big bulk order.



FluffEh - This one of my favorite mama's from IG. She makes adorable diapers and they sell like hot cakes. I have to chevron ones...obviously. These are great quality, never leak, and also daddy friendly. :)



Do you use wool and is it worth it?

Yes and Yes. Saying that, Rowyn just grew out of her wool this fall. I honestly didn't want to fork over the cash for a new cover with the holidays and moving going on. So we just use fitteds and covers. It's way cheaper and works just as well. The nice thing about wool is that it pulls the moisture away from baby, which is comfier. I love Blueberry fitteds and covers especially for the price. Sustainablebabyish (SBISH) are another favorite. They are totally worth the money....snapless or snaps. I love both. Here's a post about some other night time options we have used.


How do you strip your diapers?


There are so many ways. If you are like many, you don't want to leave any room for error if things are particular bad....so I do them all. HA! I'll do a more detailed post (HOW HAVE I NOT DONE ONE ALREADY!??!) soon. Until then, to see if build up is your issue, cvheck your washer as you are doing your pre and post rinse. If you see suds....it's time. Some good things to have on hand for this occasion is BLUE (I don't know why but it has to be BLUE!) Dawn, RLR, and A LOT of hot water. Bleach and vinegar are some other choices as well, but I don't use either of those. I hear they work great though.

Do you air dry all your diapers??

Unless I'm really in a pinch, yes. The shells dry super fast. The only time we run into a problem is if we are out of our nightime fitted diaper, then I throw them in the dryer to make bedtime move forward without a hitch. HA! In our house that's never possible...especially these days.


Hope you guys are having a great week. We're running on fumes, which means we're doing whatever we can to survive ie: Tangled, Baby Einstein, and Little Einstein on REPEAT. :) 

Don't judge me. 

Lots of Love,
The Boffs



1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking that I needed to ask you about jammies. We use an sbish and a wool cover, but even that isn't holding the pee all night so I'm hesitant to add more bulk. As such, her poor jammies are always stretched out around the bum! Sigh... any suggestions that aren't just t-shirts? Seems like I've seen Rowyn in cute jammies...

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!