Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Social Networking Hiatus

So I needed to take a little break to focus on those that matter most to me.

 Everyone I have "met" through social networks like this blog and IG are people I consider great friends. Still, sometimes you have to take a step back to collect yourself with grace and dignity.



Butt hurt. 
Fits perfectly with grace and dignity right??

 That's the term that comes to mind. Have you  heard of that phrase?? Maybe it's a southern term, but I use it often.  Here are a few PERFECT definitions from a very trusted and legit website that I LOVE, Urban Dictionary.  :)

1.butt hurt625 up158 down
A display of bruised feelings; usually over something lame.
Buffy got all butt hurt when Tyler held a seat for Brittney.
by NorCalChick Mar 19, 2005 share this add a video
2.butt hurt1107 up321 down
May 2, 2006 Urban Word of the Day
some one who doesnt know how to take a joke, and they take the joke like they just took it to the ass
hey its just a joke, dont get all butt hurt
by vot Oct 9, 2003 share this add a video
3.butt hurt516 up208 down
easily offended when one takes something too personally
jenny tries to hide her low self-esteem by being cocky. when joe tells her she's ugly, jenny gets BUTT HURT
by bobbette Dec 23, 2003 share this add a video

So I got a little butt hurt over the The Mommy Dialogues competition. I wanted it so bad. There are a lot of things I could say about the whole situation, but I won't. All I will say is that it didn't pan out how I had hoped, or most definitely as I had originally expected. Still, I took it far too personally. So many of you supported me and I feel so grateful for that. 

So instead of being utterly embarrassed with the "I am so sorry!" or the "You should have made it!" I stepped away quietly to rethink how I wanted the rest of the year of 2013 to follow suit. It's no secret that 2012 was a ROUGH year in our house hold.  You can read more about that HERE. It's no secret that life and marriage have their ups and downs. That is most definitely true about us. Still,we power through. 

A little over two weeks ago we made a change. A big one. One that sometimes I look up and think "AGH! WHAT DID WE DO!?!?"



However most often I wake up feeling blessed. So so blessed.



Have you guys made any huge life changes in 2013??? How do you feel about them?? Scared? Terrified? Happy??

I hope 2013 is a huge turn around for all of us.

Lots of Love,
The Boffs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!