Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just to clarify, I believe in toilet paper and paper plates

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but life (as always) gets in the way. It seems I've been having a hard time finding time to make posts these days.


I'ts hard to get to the computer, because she likes to pretend like it's her own personal office. She is a very important lady, and obviously has lots of emails and blog post to make. So until I figure out a way to blog from my iPad, I don't get to post until the evening. I've heard of a new app that I'm going to try and we'll see if that makes life easier.


So a few weeks before we left on vacation we had a HUGE garage sale. My parents are amazing and drove down to help Tom & I out get it all together and play defense with the munchkin noted above.  Mom & Dad always have their car packed full when they come visit. It never fails. This time I was a little surprised that they felt the  need to bring this.



Mom had read THIS POST about trying to convince TBoff to use reusable "toilet paper" sort of like we do with Rowyn. She of course shared with my Dad, who obviously felt a little panicked about their visit. They would bring reinforcements just in case my crunchy self actually ended up convincing that honey of mine to fore-go the TP because I love to save money and the earth. :) 

Don't worry...it would never work in our house with the things that happen in our bathroom. 
I seriously need an emoji for blogger. Insert smiley poops and "ick"  faces.

A few weeks later we visited my grandparents while on vacation.

First off let me say that my Neena (that gorgeous lady above. Yes she's a grandmother...a great grandmother at that.) gave me a pretty hard time when we were researching cloth diapers.  I believe her exact words were," WHAT?!?! Have you been watching too much Little House on the Prairie?!" :) 

So she's never tried to let my crunchy hippy self get by without giving me a hard time. I love her for it. :) The first morning we woke up, they of course fixed us a delicious breakfast AS ALWAYS. Apparently   there was a little debate between my Neena and Pa. They weren't supposed to use the paper plates. It seems they had also read THIS POST. My sweet Pa was trying to be respectful and not use the paper plates because "we didn't believe in them." He had whispered to my Neena, "I thought we weren't supposed to use those!"

BAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it may be the sweetest thing ever. My grandmother convinced him that it would be ok just this once. When she served the table she said, "Whitney, I kow you guys don't use paper plates, but we do... so.. .sorry."

She's never been one to sugar coat much. :) Again, that's why I love her. 

I of course had to explain that it wasn't because we don't BELIEVE in paper plates. It's because we are cheap asses. 
That's all. 
It wasn't my crunchiness, it was my want to be financially conservative. 

I like to buy shoes ok! If it's shoes verses plates...
SHOES WIN! 
EVERY! 
TIME!

I've never owned a nice pair of running shoes. I always buy cheaper on sale versions. Have you guys ever tried these on?!?!?! They are like little hugs for your feet! 



So just to clarify, I believe in toilet paper and paper plates. We even have paper plates, paper towels, and a ton of toilet paper stocked in the house. The paper towels are only for special occasions. They are fancy. 

Ha.

No seriously. If you come to my house, I'll pull out the paper towels because you have to bring out the "good stuff" for company! 

Yes....that cheap! 

How has yalls week been so far?? 
We're getting ready to go on Rowyn's first plane ride to NOLA this weekend. It's a certain little boy's 1st Birthday and I can't wait to share it with him and his beautiful mama.


Any tips on traveling solo with a 17 month old???

Lots of Love,
The Boffs




3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to phase out the paper towels as well. I love our CDs, but every time I think of the logistics of cloth wipes, I think it's probably not for us.

    P.S. those brown boots are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I did an entire series on my blog about traveling with little ones! Hope it helps! http://bergertravels.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/travel-with-a-small-child-security-food-and-drink/

    http://bergertravels.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/travel-with-a-small-child-strollers-2/

    http://bergertravels.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/travel-with-a-small-child-car-seats/

    HOpe they help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a blog award!!! :) Check it out!! :) http://www.thebabblingbrunette.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!