Thursday, August 9, 2012

Super Mom Status

So this week TBoff has been on the day shift. No, it's not permanent. Just for this week.  It's been pretty nice. It takes me a few days to get used to him being in the same bed as me, but after that it's nice having him around. :) Rowyn doesn't really get to see much of him, but I DO! :)

When he works nights, he comes home in the morning and plays with her while I get breakfast ready and start laundry or whatever needs to be done. So he sees her, but not so much me.  While he's on the day shift, I reap the benefits. :)

Still, he gets to do the bedtime routine which is his favorite. Pitter. Patter.

When he works nights he wakes up about 4PM and  I start cooking dinner. No we're not 70 years old. :)We just enjoy eating/doing something together as a family. If we have to eat at 5 PM to do that, then so be it. He has to be out of the door by 5:45 in order to make it to work in time. Any way, when he wakes up, again he plays defense with Sass while I cook. I don't see him, but at least she does. :) 

This week, I didn't have a defender at dinner time. This was going to be a challenge. 

Cooking partner. She's holding a serving spoon. LOL 


Attention!!!!! I did it!! I COOKED DINNER EVERY NIGHT THIS WEEK Well except one night, where we had pizza because I felt like poop. TBoff gave me his "cold" felt a lot like the flu to me  and it's all I could muster. :) 

Still, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, dinner was ready in time for Sassy Pants to not have a melt down. I didn't burn anything. Rowyn didn't kill herself. I didn't kill myself. For the first time in 14 months, dinner was cooked all week with NO HELP at all. :) This may not be a huge deal to you other AMAZING mommies, but to this girl right here, this is a BIG DEAL!! 
Tonight's menu: Southwestern stuffed bell peppers. SO GOOD! I even made  it a vegan dish, and TBOFF was none the wiser! :)


I'm not looking for praise here (ahem, Bible study girls!! LOL) I'm saying I did the not so impossible thanks to a positive mind set and A LOOOOOOT of praying. I spend so much time battling the fact that Tom and I do this alone. Now that she's getting older, of course it's easier, still she wants to be held and wants to see what's going on. I'm hoping I can teach her how to cook like my Mama and Marme taught me. But  this week I didn't have a choice. I didn't have time to say "I can't do it! It's too hard."  I had to do it! I had to feed my family.This week I prayed for A LOT of patience and a level head. I prepped ahead of time and fed my amazing family NUTRITIOUS aside from the frozen pizza  meals every. Single. Night. In the midst of feeling like boo boo, 20 chore Tuesday (that I didn't post about BOO!), my monthly grocery shopping and a few bow orders YAY!, I did it!!!!




If I can do it, YOU can do it! Seriously, these super mom days are few and far between. So when they do happen, I have to share!!! 


Ok, I'm done. All you other amazing Moms that do this day in and day out, just roll your eyes. :) PS. YOU ARE BAD ASS! 

Hope you guys are having a great week. Two days left in my Wild Woman Bowtique giveaway HERE.

Lots of Love,
The Boffs

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've been reading your blog about a month before Sass was born. Our babies were born on the same day. Logan was born May 26 at 4:55pm.He is my fourth child and I still need hubby to watch him while I make dinner. You would think I would have a plan by now.lol Love all your info on cloth diapering and money saving. I struggle weekly with trying to stay on a budget with four kids. We are a one income family so every dollar saved counts. Would love to talk more about the whole couponing concept.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!