Monday, August 13, 2012

Menu Monday

So since I did my big grocery run last week, I  have plenty of food to figure out a menu the next few weeks. This is this weeks menu:



Crockpot BBQ Chicken  Sandwiches : I posted this recipe before HERE. It was delicious as is, but I thought it would be really yummy as a sandwich too. We had this last night. So. YUM. If I wasn't working my tush off to look good in swimsuit in a few weeks, I totally would have had two. :) I paired it with some roasted okra fries. DOUBLE YUM!

Sass seemed to enjoy the BBQ more than the sandwich itself. She was licking  it off her fingers. GOON!

Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice TBoff's Mom makes an incredible Chicken and Wild Rice soup. So I figured this would be nice even though it's a 100+ blazing degrees outside instead of a hot soup. 



Butternut Squash Lasagna -which I totally didn't get Ricotta the other day at the grocery. I may experiment or give in and go to the grocery. :) We shall see how adventurous I feel when the time comes.

We do leftovers a couple of days a week and Saturday night is our "out to eat" night. With us trying to be financially conservative, I truly look forward to Saturday nights. :) 


For the last Menu MondayRundown:

I mentioned above we loved the Crockpot BBQ Chicken. So much so, that we're eating it again! 

The smoked sausage pizza we liked so much, that Tom made it alsoagain the other night. I think mine was better :), but still good! We used pizza sauce I found on clearance, sauteed onions and mushrooms, tomatoes, and sliced turkey sausage. SO GOOD!

The butternut squash carbonara was the BOMB! OMG! Definitely will be making that again if the butternut squash continues to be so cheap at the farmer's market.



The Korean Beef was great on a bed of rice, but I put the left overs in some romaine wraps a couple of times for lunch and was in heaven. If I could figure out Kona Grill's or PF Chang's lettuce wrap sauces I would be in business.

Also the roasted okra was so good, we had it again yesterday. They tasted just like fried okra, except way better for you! YUM!

Then of course breakfast for dinner is always a hit! Tom made a "TBoff scramble" (whatever we have in the fridge thrown into some scrambled eggs), southern fried potatoes and way too much bacon of course.

This is my scrawny husbands plate. I DO NOT KNOW HOW he stays so thin. It drives me nuts. Still, muy delicioso. 


So that's the plan for the next 7-10 days or so. Depending on the size of leftovers we kind of play it by ear.  

Rowyn woke up at 6:30 this morning congested and upset because she couldn't breathe from this awful cold we were given. GRRRR. So we're le tired today!


 I had to run to Hobby Lobby and take advantage of the 50% off ribbon sales, which she usually loves. She thinks it's fun to grab  ribbon and throw it in the cart...not so fun when I get to checkout and find some random stuff. :) Any who, Hobby Lobby didn't help her much, but it always makes me happy.  



Hope you guys are having a great Monday! We're trying!

Lots of Love,
The Boffs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!