Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sass's Favorite Apps

So the last time TBoff and I went on a vacation was our honeymoon to Antigua two years ago.



We also went to Destin,the summer before that. 



With a Masters program and a baby, vacation hasn't really been in the credit cards. :) Well, last week we decided that we really needed a getaway. REALLY REALLY! So we booked another trip to Florida. It may not be the EASIEST vacation with a 14 month old, but it will be some time away to recharge and get to be with people we love. :)

Traveling with Rowyn is always an adventure. SHE HATES HER CAR SEAT! HAAAAAAATES.
Now Momma! If I can ride it in like this I would be A LOT happier about it!


 I've let her ride in my my nephew's convertible seat to see if that would make a difference, but it doesn't. She still cried. She just hates being strapped down. We will probably purchase a convertible one soon, but since she still fits fine in her other one we're trying to hold out. 

 For Christmas, TBoff got us an iPad. To be honest, I had told him before I didn't see the point in having one if we had iPhones. I know, what was I thinking?!?!?! I don't know, because WE LOVE IT! Not only do I do just about EVERYTHING on there, but Rowyn loves it too.

I downloaded a few movies and some great apps on there and home girl is SET! I'm really been wanting to get  the iLatch made by THIS fabulous lady ever since she got the thing patented! :) I just haven't had a reason to until recently. It's just a pain to have hold the iPad or let Rowyn hold it because she usually pushes some random button.

Any who, I wanted to share with you guys some of our favorite apps. 



I've mentioned these before HERE, but we still really the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apps. Plus they are FREE! They just came out with a new one, Laugh and Learn Learning Letters Monkey

VIA

It has FOUR different learning games. Rowyn loves the Alphabet and Song options.  They are coming out with an appitivity Monkey. How fun is that?!?!

We also love I hear EWE.

VIA

 I've said before that Rowyn loves to make animal noises. This is the perfect app to entertain her for a while. Her favorite is the cat and the cow. :) Also...FREE!


So, I have to be honest and say I didn't want to like Yo Gabba Gabba. It sort of freaked me out. However, it sucked Rowyn in from the minute she laid eyes on those crazy things. Ok, I've learned to like it too.
MY NAME IS WILLIS!!!

I LIKE TO DAAANCE! :)

Don't judge me.

VIA

 Aside from having all of season 1 on the iPad for road trips, we also have the App and our own Foofa. It's fun, entertaining, and FREE!

Foofa went for a swim in the potty yesterday! She needed to have  a bath and had to dry with the diapers. :)


Wild Wow Pro I think I've mentioned before.I actually got this when it was free, but I don't think it is any longer. There is a free version, but I'm not entirely sure what all animals this includes. Pro is $1.99 and has wild animals, animals you find on a farm, on the ocean, insects, etc. It is Rowyn's favorite! It's probably a good reason she knows how to make so many animal sounds. I promise you if she sees a cat or a cow...there is some meowing or mooing going on. :)

Finally, The Watch Disney Junior App.
VIA

 It has an episode of all of Rowyn's favorite morning shows that they change up weekly. Shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. All of which are educational. Also, NO we don't watch TV all day. :) It's on for about an hour in the morning while I get breakfast ready, and about 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime. Otherwise we jam to Pandora. (ONE OF THE BEST APPS!) 


There are so many more, but these are our FAVORITES! What apps do you use for your kiddos??

I hope you are all having a great week! I've been busy trying to get a garage sale together 
Please don't report me to the producers of Hoarders. 

AND

 getting my Etsy shop in order. Naming it has been my biggest predicament! HA! Suggestions!?

 It's harder than I thought! :) Stay tuned for the opening, there will be a big sassy bow GIVEAWAY! :)

Have a great week!

Lots of Love,
The Boffs



2 comments:

  1. Great post. I've been looking for toddler friendly apps! Her bow s too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia is getting to the point that she hates her car seat too. But, since she still fits in the carrier I'm sticking with it. Although, she will certainly be long enough to move any day now it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!