Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crazy Coupon Lady

YOU GUYS! When will we slow down!??! 

I feel like the only time I get to pull up blogger is when Sass is napping and we all know that it's a toss up to when she will wake up. I think with this walking thing she's too excited to sleep. So she's been waking up way early and not napping well. Here's hoping she'll get back into her routine soon. 

ZZZzzzz



The last few days Ive been doing a lot of  "homework". You guys know I'm a sucker for a bargain. I also despise the grocery store. I just hate spending all that money, to which half of it goes bad and to waste. So recently I've been doing a bit of research on how to cut our grocery bill down.

These blogs were my two favorites.
The Peaceful Mom -  SIX, 6...yes 6 PEOPLE live on less than $28,000 a year! HOLY MOLY THAT IS AMAZING!

Blissful and Domestic - This Mama goes to the grocery once a month. ONCE! And only spends $300. That's it!

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS, OH WISE WOMEN! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!

So this week I have been studying the sales papers. I MEAN STUDYING!! I have made notes. I have crossed stuff out. I have shopped at places I've never stepped foot in, which also means I get lost.  HA 
Oh, and the coupons! 
SWEET TINY BABY JESUS, THE COUPONS!
 I need a bigger folder for them all...or a better system all around. :)

We found a nice working printer at our neighbor's garage sale for $10! I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF!


I don't know how those extreme couponers do it. It's tough stuff. No worries I've been doing my training.

Pre Ripped in 30 Work out. :)


So, now I'm just waiting on Rowyn to wake up so we can go to a few other places. She's usually a pretty good shopping partner. 

What money saving budgeting tips do you use in your family?? We really spend a lot of money on produce and meat. I'm trying to be better at just buying what's on sale rather than just what we want. We did go to the Farmer's Market the other day and racked up on some yummy goodies. MMMMM. They aren't always the cheapest option, but it's fresh and delicious. 

I hope you are all having a great week. I've been feeling pretty productive lately. I owe a lot of that to my Women Living Well Bible Study. I have truly enjoyed it. It's a big part of why I want to work so hard to find ways to save money for our family. If I'm going to stay at home, then I should be in charge of making sure it runs smoothly. Sass doesn't always have the same ideas in mind, but hey we're still working out the kinks. :) 

I'm linking up with their Wednesday link up party. 


Go check it out! There are some pretty amazing and inspirational women on there.



Have a great one!
Lots of Love,
The Boffs

3 comments:

  1. I've done the couponing thing - don't think I ever got real good at it, but did save SOME money. I think the best thing to help us manage our money was never to neglect in giving God our tithe. Then it seemed He blessed our money and made it go farther or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have the space for a chest freezer I would suggest one. I found one on craigslist and got it for $50. Now, I'm able to buy free range meat when it's on sale and stock up. We also purchased a cow with some friends and it ending up being less than conventional meat. I'm also able to make and freeze meals as well which helps our dollars by not getting takeout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out. You are such a sweet heart. Oh and I am so jealous of your buff arms. I need to hit the gym harder:>

    Danielle@Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!