Sunday, June 24, 2012

Reusable Wipes

I HAVE MISSED YOU GUYS! 
We have been so unbelievably busy. Tom finished his Masters this week and so we have been soaking up every second of Daddy time that we have missed that last two years.:) I couldn't be more proud of that honey of mine. 



I've been wanting to do this post for a while. Several people have asked me what I do for reusable wipes. I chose the easy route. I know a lot of people have a ton of special concoctions, but I'm all about ease and saving time. :)

I take a pot of hot water and boil it on the stove top for about 5-10 minutes. This is just so the water doesn't get all funky if it sits for a couple of days.

After the water has boiled, I take a Tablespoon of coconut oil and stir it into the hot water. While that's cooling off a bit, I get my wipes together. 

I have an old Pampers wipes box from when we used disposable wipes full time. I bought about 30+ washcloths from Ross for Less for about $10 total. Now, get to folding. 

I take two wash cloths and lay them on top of one another, so that the left side of one rag goes down the middle of the other. 


Then I fold one side over.


Then I place another rag on top of the folded half , just like I did in the beginning. 


Then I fold over the other wash rag. 


So on...


and so on...


and so on. 



Until you have a nice stack of wipes.



Then go ahead and put them in your container and pour your boiled water on top. Of course, don't use them on babe's tush while it's scalding hot. I feel like I have to say that, but I'm so certain none of you would do that! HA


TA DAAAA!

Depending on how poopy your kid is :) it should last you a couple of days. I don't know why either, but I feel like the reusable wipes go so much further than disposable. When we travel or on the road, we use disposables. It's just easier. Any way, when we use disposables I swear I'll use 5 or 6 wipes for a super nasty diaper. When it comes to reusable, I'll use 3 (maybe) tops! That's it! 

I like this solution because I already use the coconut oil for a diaper  "cream" anyway, so this is just added  coconutty goodness (yes....totally a word.)

Also, I don't think you need to use these just with cloth diape)rs. Even if you can't commit to cloth diapers, why not save a little money and use reusable wipes. Everyone knows when you have a bambino, things get expensive.  I LOVE TO SAVE MONEY! :) 
This is Rowyn's "YAY FOR SAVING MONEY!" face. 
Do you guys already use reusuable wipes??? What's your favorite wipe solution?

I hope you guys had a great weekend. STAY COOL OUT THERE! It's blazing here in Austin. We've been going to the pool and the splash pad to stay cool.



Lots of Love,
The Boffs

3 comments:

  1. I use an even simpler "solution"... Just plain ole water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I will have to get into this. For some reason, when we ran out of disposable wipes last time, I just bought more even though I want to do reusables, lol! And we just started using coconut oil and I LOOOOOVE it! Glad you got to soak up some quality fam time--you guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!