Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

It's been a LONG time since I've done a Tasty Tuesday. I've mentioned before that TBoff isn't a fan of a lot of veggies. So I try my best to make new stuff to try and see if we can put them in the "keep" section of my pinterest board.:)

This week I kind of made up own recipe based on a few different recipes I had seen. IT TURNED OUT AWESOME! I don't really measure when I do stuff like this, so I'll "eyeball" the measurements by memory. Just feel free to ad lib yourself. You could probably put anything you wanted in this, like jalapenos, bell pepper, etc.



Black Bean Avocado Cucumber Salad


You will need:


For the salad:

15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2-3 hass avocados, cubed
1/4-1/2 red onion, chopped
1 cucumber peeled, chopped
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c chopped cilantro ( add more if you like. I'm pretty sure I did at the end. . . I LOVE CILANTRO!)


For the Dressing:

1/4 c olive oil
1/4 t cayenne pepper
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (we REALLY like garlic in our house. Add or subtract all you want! )
1 t salt (I would probably play with this next time. Maybe try a seasoning salt next time.)
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
juice from 2 limes


Mix the salad ingredients in the salad list together in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl mix all of the dressing ingredients until well blended.
Once the dressing is all mixed up, pour over the salad and mix well.
TA DAAAAA.
Now you have some yummy deliciousness.

It tasted best fresh. It was still pretty good the next day. After that, however, the avocados get a bit shady (even with the pits thrown in!) . So I would say if you don't think you can eat it all within 24 hours, play with the amount of ingredients so you don't waste it.



I thought it turned out so pretty too. :) It went perfectly with our King Ranch Chicken that night, but for lunch the next day it was plenty for me all by itself.  SO GOOD!

The Birthday count down is on!! 4 more days until Sass is ONE!!!
Mouth full of cheerios. :)


Have a great Tuesday!
Lots of Love,
The Boffs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!