Monday, May 14, 2012

The best Mother's Day EVER

ok it was my first, but still. . .


I'm linking up with the The Gnome's Mom for Manic Mommy Monday.



Manic Mommy Monday!

 So if you didn't read TBoff's sweet blog post, grab a tissue and go HERE.
These were my other Mother's Day gifts from that honey of mine. He did soooo great. 
New Tom's in my favorite color. :)

Brown chevron pillow covers to match my teal ones. 

 I have to be honest and say I woke up a bit annoyed yesterday at 6:30 to a head butting baby and the realization that my "special" day wasn't going to consist of sleeping in. TBoff had to work. Boo.

After doing "the usual' start the day things like change a diaper, feed the dog, pick up here and there. . . I finally got to sit down and check my email, Instagram, and Facebook. The blog post was right there waiting for me. It made me tear up and thank God for such a good man. Then I quickly got out of my "funk"

 My bestest good friend :) , Dan, was in and we were going to have a day full of fun. So I refused to wash a single dish, start a single load of laundry, or cook a single meal. It would be tough not spending my first Mother's Day with my honey, but the next best thing was this girl right here.

Circa 2007: Prepping for the boards for our RN's license. Yeah, we totally took this to send to our professors. :) 
 No matter how long it has been since we have seen each other, we ALWAYS pick up right where we left off which usually consists of a lot of giggles, jokes that no one understands, and...ok...a few adult  beverages. Without this girl I wouldn't have gotten through A LOT of life's obstacles like nursing school, hard break ups, finding a job, and moving to a whole new city.

Sorry for the bad quality....it's a copy of a pic. Anywho.  Our day started with a Starbucks. 


So after Starbucks we let Miss Sass take a good nap and relaxed a bit. When she woke up we loaded up the car and headed down to one of my favorite Austin spots, South Congress. 
My Boba 3G, once again, making my life so much easier. POST TO COME SOON!


 This little girl was such a trooper. I WAS SO PROUD OF HER! We got downtown around 1:30 and didn't leave until 5:30. She almost fell asleep in the Boba, but there was way too much fun going on around her. Still, as long as there was food, music, shade, and a breeze this girl was happy. 


We started at one of the trailers that  had some awesome authentic NOLA  poboys. Row and I shared the shrimp po-boy and she LOVED it. The food was delicious. I am ready to go back. :) Then we went to all the fun shops. This was one of my favorite finds for TBoff yesterday.





After shopping, live music, and some adult beverages.. we headed home to relax. It was such a great day. 

A true friend is one where no matter how long it's been since you have seen each other, you always pick right back up wherever you left off...and tells you when you are wearing "Mom" shorts and tell you to go buy new ones. :) 

I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's  Day, a better family, or a better friend. 
How was your Mother's day??? Was it your first?? Was it the best?? Did you get to sleep in??? :)

If you want to link up for Manic Mommy Monday too, just make sure you copy the linky code to your post.

I hope you are all having a great Monday.
Lots of Love,
The Boffs

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this post. Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Love the new Toms too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahhhhahahah i was about to tell you that you had two options with those sorts....hem or trash. good call dan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to have good friends around when you can't have hubby with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!