Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sometimes...

Sometimes things happen in our lives that we never see coming. Then of course we question "HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING?!!?"


We've been going through some personal things for a few weeks now in the Boff household. In turn, I have been trying to focus on the people I care about the most, which means other things take a back seat. 





One thing you may not know about me is I love with ALL of my heart. It doesn't matter if you are my sister, my husband, my cousin in law, or my best friend. . . You are my family. I treat you as family, I love you as family, I hurt for you like family. 



In my lifetime I have been burned by people I care about, and it takes me time to get over it. Sometimes those people come back in my life and sometimes those people I gladly let go. However, I think this saying says how I feel in that moment perfectly:

 " Sometimes we expect more from others, because we would be willing to do that much for them."

 I've been told many a time in my life that I let others run over me, that I'm too nice, or that I take things too personally. I can't help it. It's my personality. I don't like to be mean, hateful, rude, etc. It physically hurts me. So when people hurt me or the ones I love, it affects me greatly. 


I think God gave me such empathy for a reason. I think that's what makes me a "good" nurse. I think that's why I was so scared of marriage, because I knew if something ever happened to mine. . . I would die. I hope it's what will make me a great Mom. When my sweet girl hurts or cries, I want to fix it. I want  my teenage daughter to be able to come to  me with something she's so terrified to tell me, but knows I will listen with an open mind and an open heart. 


So sometimes I may feel angry for getting hurt at times, but  I am still so grateful. I am grateful I have the family and friends that I have. They are who make me who I am. I am so thankful I have such an amazing marriage that we get through these things together. I am so incredibly blessed.




I hate writing on here "I'm ALIVE! I'm SO SORRY!" because I know you guys were just sitting on the edge of your seats, clicking refresh on your browser waiting on me to post. . . No?? :)

 I just don't want to lose any of my amazing followers. I also wanted to put this down in writing. . .how I feel. This is my outlet. This makes me feel good to write. 

So I'm sorry for putting you guys on the back burner, but maybe soon I'll be able to get into the groove again. Until then go love on all your sweet families. I continue to thank God for mine every second of every day. 


I hope you are all doing well.
Lots of Love,
The Boffs


8 comments:

  1. I WAS waiting on the edge of my seat for you to post! (exaggerating) I enjoy your posts so much, Whitney . . . but if you don't post consistently, I promise I won't be irritated! I never feel like you put me, a follower, on the back burner when you don't post. I know that you are spending that time with Miss Sass!! You're a good Mommy, blogger, and friend. I'm sure you're good at a lot more things, but I know all of those first hand. :) Keep doing what you're doing!
    Soul sistas' fo' life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And THIS is why I love you!! SOUL SISTAS.....FO. LIFE. XOXO

      Delete
  2. I wonder where you are, girl! However, we all should put our families first and cherish the time we have with them. I hope all your personal things will work themselves out and that you find comfort in the arms of your loved ones--especially that beautiful baby girl! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand where you are coming from! I to have to process things when they happen and I get hurt. I have to sit back and wait it out! So glad you are making awesome choices about being a Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get you!!! Im the same way... Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what's been going on, but I hope things get better for you! Everything else I could have written myself, because I'm the exact same way. I do miss it when you don't blog as much, I have entirely too much free time on my hands lately and I love seeing all your adorable pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your empathy and ability to feel the pain of others IS what makes you a great nurse and mommy! Hang in there--- good times are waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so completely understand, Whitney! I don't have anything particular going on, but have been having uncharacteristically rough days, and it is wearing on me. I hope you give your sweet little miss R extra kisses today! I love your posts, as well, and hope you get back into a regular routine soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!