Sunday, February 26, 2012

I need to blog that. . .

So the thing about being away, I constantly think to myself I need to put that on the blog. CONSTANTLY! 

I miss you guys! :)

Thank you all for your super sweet comments on the last post. It really does mean a lot to me coming from you all. Things have been getting a tad better. I think a little break was much needed. Here's what we have been up to lately.

Last week Tom's parents came in for the week.
 IT WAS WONDERFUL! 
They drive down from Minnesota about every 3 months or so.  My BIL was out of the country for work for a few weeks, so they came to help out my SIL with her two kiddos. It was so nice to have them around. One day they let Amanda & I go for lunch AND get a pedicure while they watched all THREE kiddos.






 Yep. . .they were outnumbered with 3 under 3. :) They seem to know how to take care of a few kids at a time! HA They also let The Honey and I got on a hot date to The Melting Pot. MMMMM!

My parents came in over the weekend. It was a short visit, but it was nice to see them as well. We didn't take any pictures. :( 
That was pretty silly.
 We went to the Domain yesterday and just strolled around all afternoon. It was fun. I love it out there. Tom and I got some goodies from Sur La Table. We love kitchen gadgets. 

This weekend I made some "Milk Makin' Cookies"that a friend of mine suggested from Dr. Momma. They are "different" but super yum. My milk production has been a bit wonky since I started running again a couple of months ago, so I thought I would give these  a try. They WORK LIKE A CHARM! The Honey won't touch them, so looks like I'll be eating 4 dozen cookies by myself. I'll have plenty of milk for my new Mommy & Baby girl I'm donating to. :) 


I made a Facebook post on Eats on Feets the Texas Chapter last week. It is so amazing to me how many mama's are willing to drive just about ANYWHERE to get breast milk for their little ones. I ended up giving her a little over 250 oz. I was so excited and thought that is a ton. . . because it took up a ton of space in my freezer. :) Then I realized that it might last her a little over a week. :( Still, she has a good stash built up and she asked if I would be willing to continue to help her out. 
OF COURSE I WOULD! 
Her daughter is absolutely beautiful AND she brought delicious cookies for our trade. :) She also offered to make a donation to our favorite charity. I thought that was so amazing. It just feels so good to help someone. I'm teaching Ro to share early. :)

Speaking of Facebook, I gave it up for Lent. I did it last year and ended up LOVING it. It was also while I was on bed rest, so it was difficult. . . but still so nice. I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in pictures, comments, drama (that isn't my own, it's just interesting to read other peoples! Which is pretty sad.) that it hinders my relationship with Him. That's what giving up something for Lent is about, right??? Giving up something that is difficult for you AND also gets in the way of your relationship with God. Sometimes I think people forget that. They are thinking more "New Years Resolution"so when you give in "Oh well!" no harm done. Um. . . Home Boy died for YOU on a cross, I'm thinking putting down that doughnut and trying again to go without sweets would be ok. That makes me sad, but I'm not here to preach my beliefs to you. I just wanted to give my spill on what Lent means to me. :) 

I have a confession: I did no Poo for 33 days. I did not wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner for THIRTY THREE DAYS! Yep. However, when I was given the opportunity to go on a hot date with my husband, and I didn't really have the time to pull out all my tricks to make my hair LOOK normal, I gave in.
 I DID IT.
 I WASHED WITH SHAMPOO!! I feel like such a fraud!!!!!!!! :) 

Week 3 "No Poo" See, it looked voluminous and fab, but I wouldn't dare let you touch it. 


Actually, it felt wonderful. I was still having to troubleshoot with the whole process and it was still pretty icky. My hair was SO THICK! I LOVED IT, but it just FELT gross. It really didn't look all that greasy, but I wouldn't let even Tom touch it. There are several things I didn't try, that may have helped, but I'm like an addict. After I washed it once, and it felt so fabulous. . . I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN! AND AGAIN...and again. :) So I'm going to try again one day, but for now I'll love my flat, thin, yummy smelling hair until then. 

So while one of my crunchy hippie experiments has temporarily failed, I dove into another one. I'm now washing my face using the OCM (oil cleansing method). Look it up! I've heard great things about it. I will say my skin does feel pretty awesome after doing it for a week. I'm still working on my measurements, but it still seems pretty awesome. I know it seems weird to wash your face with oil, but again it seems pretty awesome. 

Tomorrow we have our 9 month well check up for Rowyn. I'll do a post on miss Sassy Pants then. I've really missed you all. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon. XOXO


Lots of Love,
The Boffs

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you updated! My way too pregnant self has missed your updates since I have absolutely nothing to do except obsessively check blogs and facebook. I was super close to emailing you earlier to check on you, but I thought that might be too stalkerish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously applaud you on the no poo thing! I couldn't do it for that long. Sometimes when I am too lazy to wash mine, I sprinkle some baby powder in it to make it look less greasy . . . but that only gets me about three days between washes. Then I break down and do it because my family starts thinkin' I'm a little skanky.

    I just read your comment on my blog. OF COURSE WE WILL BE SOUL SISTAS - especially when Ellie and Rowyn are rotten little teenagers. We will keep each other sane. On that note, I am SO glad you gave up Facebook rather than Instagram for Lent. Is that bad? B-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot to mention how awesome it is that you're sharing your BM! SO awesome. I can relate to the Momma who needs the help . . . solely pumping was tough and there were a lot of times where I was scared to death I wouldn't have enough to get her through the week or even day. Lightening the load for her may allow her to relax and her supply may increase. Lots of GOOD to come out of it!

    and that last picture of Rowyn just made my whole day. Her smile is contagious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a thought..... You might also consider donating to the Austin Milk Bank. It's one of only seven nationwide and provides milk for premature or sick infants all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat that you are donating milk! I wish I had known about that after I had the twins. I had SO MUCH MILK all the time, and we threw a LOT out. Sad. I have been doing the OCM for a while now, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. could you email me about this donating bm thing?! I'm a milk cow and if I could put my extra milk to good use ... I'll do it!! lindseyrosemarx@gmail.com

    I just started reading your blog and love it! it's giving me ideas of places to go/do when I make it into Austin!!

    xoxo,
    lindsey
    (dirtybeanah on IG)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!