Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TAG!!

So while I was making my post about Jordyn she was giving me really hard questions to answer in this game of tag. THANK YOU FRAAAND! :) If you haven't gone to check out her blog. . . Do it! She is super awesome and if you don't fall in love with Beans then we can't be blog friends. :) 
Apparently this game of tag is making its rounds, so if you get tagged and you have already done it, ignore! It seems fun! I love getting  more personal with people in the blog world. Sometimes you feel like you are just posting to get thoughts out of your head, and then sure enough someone IS reading and can totally relate. Also, I can spread the word on the blogs I love to read. I'll admit, I have a hard time keeping up these days. I'm trying to do better.

So here are 'The Rules'...
1. You must post the rules. (and then break, bend, or create your own like Jordyn did!)

2.Post eleven fun facts about yourself.

3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven a few new questions to ask the people you've tagged.

4. Tag eleven (or a few) other people and link them on your post.

5. Let them know you've tagged them!

Fun Facts about Me:

I frequently break out in song and dance at any given moment of any given day. I do a mean MC Hammer and cabbage patch. 

My Bestie & I breakin' in down in NOLA. Talk about moves....this girl has got 'em.


I enjoy making up my own songs. No,not a song that I would like to record, per say. More like
 "Rowyn just pooped her pants. She just did her poop dance. Rowyn pooped her pants...I hope she never dates a boy named Lance."
 (No offense if your name is Lance...that's show biz)
 Yeah just made that up right now. I know you are so surprised. Still, making up songs to your every day life makes an 8 month old giggle. :)



I have a serious addiction to shoes that I'm currently sober from. Being a SAHM and one income family while hubs is getting his Masters makes me re-think my priorities, but it doesn't keep me from checking out Zappos.com about once a day. 


Nope...this isn't all of them.


I sometimes spend hours "watching" ESPN. Not because I really care what is on, but I enjoy the noise during the day, and I figure if Rowyn wants to watch, then at least it it's not some uber violent or inappropriate show. There is only so much Backayardigans and Mickey Mouse Club one can take. And these days day time television is crazy!

I obsess over finding new music. One of my very best friends and I trade songs and artists frequently. I love finding someone that is soulful AND that no one has heard of. It's like a little treasure. 

ACL 2009


I have pierced my nose and rook twice. One of which got severely infected and nearly had to have surgery to get it out. I've taken/accidentally ripped them all out for different reasons, but every time I do....I want to get them done AGAIN. As a nurse I should know better, as a "flower child" I don't care. HA! I'll try to be a responsible Mom. 


One of my favorite colors is Leopard. Yes. It is SO a color.


I am blessed with artistic talent. My grandmother taught me to draw, paint, and cross stitch. I need to pick them all back up again.

I have a piece of pencil lead in my left butt cheek. I sat on my backpack when I was hurrying to sit down on the bus in 3rd grade. There was a super sharp pencil inside. When I sat down, I sat directly on it. Yeah it hurt. It's still there to this day. If something ever happens to me, you guys know how to identify me. There is pencil lead in her LEFT butt cheek. 

DON'T FORGET! 

I'm scared of drowning or burning to death. The thought of not being able to breath makes me panic. I'm also uber claustrophobic.  I feel so bad for all my patients that have to get an MRI. Sometimes I have to wear a mask at work for different reasons. I usually have to tell my patients that I have claustrophobia and if I bee-line out of there to please not be offended. 



I'm terrified of Alligators. I can't look at them. My Dad once put me in a head lock at a park that had a gaggle (what is a group of Alligators??)of them. I cried. It stems from watching the movie Eraser  circa 1996. It could also be why I'm not a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger. . . that or he is just an AWESOME actor and I'm jealous.





My questions from Jordyn

1. What makes you smile? 
If you know me or read my blog, then you know I love to laugh and smile. I like to make people laugh and smile. What makes me smile is TRUE friends, good music, and my incredibly cute little family. Also a frosty beverage and a body of water does the job. lMaybe The Honey and I should move to the beach. 


2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I have so many childhood memories. I'm one of those weird people that can remember stuff from when I was like 1 and 2. However, my favorite memories of course involve my sister. She was my "babysitter" when we were out of school. She enjoyed picking on me and I don't let her forget it. :) My absolute favorite memories are when she would let me crawl in her twin sized bed with her and watch Nick at Nite. Our favorites where Mr. Ed and Laverne & Shirley. No matter how much she picked on me, or how mad we got at each other, she always let me crawl in and snuggle. See, Jenn, I do have good memories! 


3. What activities make you lose track of time?
Pinterest, listening to music, and Instagram. Sweet Lord. I have a feeling I'm going to have to give up a social network for Lent. 
4. What makes you feel great about yourself?
Exercise. I don't care what kind, but the fact that I do it makes me feel amazing. It kicks those natural endorphins into gear and then puts me in a better mood. That is my "Me" time. Where I can clear my thoughts. I'm not Mommy. I'm not wifey. I'm just Whitney. . . working my ghetto white girl booty off. That is my time to reflect.

5. Who inspires you most? 
My grandmother, Marme (Yes, like Little Women).  She is in heaven now, but at any moment of any given day I think about what I'm doing or saying and wonder if she would do the same and if she would be proud of me. I talk to her pretty frequently, we're cool like that.

I'm also going to totally jump on the Tebow bandwagon. Talk about a man who stands up for what he believes in. I'll be the first to say when he was a Gator I couldn't stand him because that's what Tigers do. However, he's totally someone that I hope my kids will continue to see as a role model for years to come. 
6. What are you naturally good at?
The above mentioned grandmother thankfully blessed me with her artistic abilities. I'm ashamed to say that without her around I don't feel as confident with them. I need to get past that and start painting again. 
I also feel like I'm very intuitive. I'm hoping this will help me along my road as a Mom in a positive way. I'd be lying if the teenage daughter years don't scare the HELL out of me. 
7. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
Personal Training seems SO FUN to me. I think turning someones life around seems so exciting! I secretly want to be overweight just to go on The Biggest Loser and WIN!  BAHAHA. . . no I'm pretty serious. 
8. What were some challenges, difficulties and hardships you’ve overcome in the past or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
Oh gosh. . . I have a bout 100 going through my mind. One of my favorites is how I used to never want to get married. The thought of getting a divorce terrified me. So therefore I never was in a relationship that was ever promising. I usually went in knowing it was going to end badly. This is why I tried to evade my husband's LAME come on's for months. I knew he was actually a good guy underneath that douche bag facade he put on. He is a Godly man, he makes me laugh until I cry, and lets face it he's got GREAT hair. The first time I ever realized I found him attractive he was dancing with a coworker's little girl. It was mind numbingly adorable. So I followed my heart and gave in. Granted I didn't tell anyone for months :) but I knew he was the man I was going to marry the very first time we said I love you. After many many prayers, tears, and self sabotaging behaviors, God said "He may be a bit of  a goob, but he's yours. Don't screw it up." At least that's my interpretation. God and I are cool like that too. :)

Yep...I caught the moment on camera. I was able to look past his CARPENTER jeans and find the awesomeness behind that beard. :)
Currently we are trying to get through the fact that we live so far away from both of our families. Our IRL  friends are turning into few and far between thanks to things like "life" happening. Tom works two twelve hour shifts, a sixteen hour shift, two days of clinical, and still has to do homework on his TWO free days. We are trying very hard to take advantage of every hour we have together as a family, pray together as a family, and TALK to each other when something is bothering us. Some days I have to pray for patience and understanding as a "single" parent. Going Sunday-Thursday without much adult interaction except at the grocery makes me feel very secluded at times. It also makes me run to Target when I can't think of anything we need, but I usually come home with something!  We hope that after this super hard semester at school, God  will answer our prayers and put Tom in a place where he can grow professionally and we can grow as a family and a couple.
9. If you could get a message across to any large group of people, who would they be? What would your message be?
The group would be mankind. :) 
Go big or go home, bi-hatches. 


My message. It's not our a place to judge. There is so much time and energy wasted on judgement. That is Someone else's job. Whether you believe in God, a higher power, or whatever. . . what good does it do?? I really get so passionate when someone passes judgement on someone that they don't know.  You don't know what journey they have had to walk in those shoes. I can't say that I don't do it. I just try to be so much more conscientious of it. One of my favorite posts from a really great blog is this one. I probably think about this post alone about 30 times a day, because that instant "judgement" is so ingrained in our minds that it's so hard to overcome, but it is possible. 
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Australia. I've never been, but pictures and stories make me happy enough. Plus a good Aussie accent always makes me happy. I would live in a tent for the rest of my life if I could just wake up every morning to ocean waves at my "door"
Honey moon body.....oh 30 Day Shred I will beat you again, one day.

11. What is your favorite recipe?
You guys know Tom & I love to cook, so this is hard. This might be the hardest question of the whole thing....I keep going back to my favorite Tuna Tartar at a place back home, but I don't know that recipe. Does anyone have a good tuna tartar recipe?? :)
I also love pasta. L.O.V.E  Tom & I found  this recipe on Pinterest and cook it often. It is SO easy and super yummy. 


Tag you're it....

So Megan and her hubs are a true inspiration as parents. Their Rowan :) is the bravest little girl ever. Rowan and her parents  just recently celebrated their 1 year Liver Transplant-iversary (YES IT IS TOTALLY A WORD!) Go check out her blog and squeal from the cuteness that oozes from their sweet little family.

I'm going to name drop and feel cool, because I have the privelidge of being childhood friends of Katie. She is super funny, honest, and has the two most adorable little girls I've ever seen. Plus she's looking all HOT these days! Pretty much like she never had two kids. WHAAT?!?!

 (Totally had to look five times to make sure I spelt that right!) 
So Allyce is SO sweet. She has a  new baby girl, Eleanor who is so beautiful. Allyce is new to the cloth diaper world as well so it's been fun reading her comments and blog posts. Us Mommas have to stick together!!! 

Kaity is one of my favorite IG Moms. I of course love that she blogs. She has the most handsome little man, Tucker and another on the way! Being an army wife,  pregnant, keeping up with an almost one year old,  and putting on some pretty amazing challenges on IG seems exhausting to me. Yet she still has time to keep up with an awesome blog. Home girl can organize like no bodies business. GO SEE! 

Another childhood friend of mine with a precious blog. Jennifer is expecting her first son in ONE MONTH! WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?! She & Jonathan are going to be such amazing parents. Go check out her blog for super awesome decor inspiration and recipes. 

Leslie is fairly new to the blog world. She is an amazing Mom of two adorable kiddos. Go show her some love and welcome her into the blog world! 

So if you love Pinterest and cooking as much as the next girl, go follow Kirby . She's an RN, animal lover, wife, and super Mommy to Ella Kate. Her blog always gives me the giggles. She has a pretty awesome way of putting words into a super sweet witty post. 

I've mentioned my love for Rashelle and her daughter Sophia before. She just started up a brand new blog. She has been such an amazing help with all my cloth diaper and Baby Led Weaning questions. She is also my inspiration for "No Poo" She hasn't washed her hair with shampoo in A MONTH! Go see her amazing new blog and check out how great she looks. 

Kelli is AMAZING. She is a Mommy to four, all under 5. Talk about SUPER MOMMA! I, of course, found her on IG and fell in love with her blog. She also co-blogs with several other Mommies at The Mommy Dialogues. If you are a Mom or about to be, follow. It so so amazing to read all the different parenting styles from each Mom. LOVE IT!  So yeah, she's a Mommy to four, two being twins, one that naps about like Ro :), and writes two blogs. I need some of your super powers, Kelli. 

This lady doesn't need much introduction. If you don't already follow Megan, what are you waiting for?!?!?! I feel so blessed to actually know her sweet face in real life. I have so much respect for her as a woman, a wife, and a Mommy to twins an one VERY SPECIAL angel who has touched thousands of peoples hearts. I don't have a ton of followers, but Megan mentioned me in a blog post about cloth diapers a few months ago, and since then the response has been amazing. I have her to thank for feeding my newest passion and sending over SEVERAL of her readers. XOXO Please go check her out. 



My Questions for you guys:


Why did you start your personal blog?


What is something that the your blog followers would be surprised to know about you?

If your life was a sitcom, which one would it be? Why?


If you won the lottery, what would you do with the winnings?


If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?

If you could sit down and have dinner with ANYONE (alive or dead) who would it be? Why?

What do you like the most about yourself?

What is your biggest weakness?

What is your favorite quote? 

In ten years, where do you see yourself?


5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post so much! You make me laugh every time I read your blog! "Go big or go home, bi-hatches." ---- I'm probably going to use that line today. Can't wait to check out your favorite blogs! :) Thanks for playing, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!! I will definitely do this!!! you are awesome and I so happy you blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this! It is taking me forever, but it's not like I have laundry or dishes to do, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the cutest thing ever! And sweetest too. Seriously you had me CRACKING up throughout this entire post. Thanks for the love! I will try to answer these questions soon! I really appreciated you sharing some of the struggles y'all are going through. We live away from family and have experienced a lot of the same things. When Molly was a baby Erik worked for the Thunder and was gone in the evenings and weekend A LOT. I always have so much respect for ladies who are 'single momming it up' bc the brief glimpses I had were tough! You are a great momma! And I could not agree with your more about the judgement. I'm not saying I don't have thoughts but the older I get the more I try to reign them in.. because really, it's just UGLY. Why waste all the time being so ugly? OK left you a story! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I was just reading back through this so that I could finally get around to blogging about it, and I don't know how I missed before that your husband is in grad school?! Jonathan is looking at starting back hopefully within the next year, so I will be in your shoes soon! He also works crazy hours, (4-5 nights a week), now so that we can hoard money in preparation for him going back to school, so I can totally relate to cherishing any spare moments you have together. I could write SOO much more on several of the things you wrote about in this post, but I think I've already left you a book, so I'll leave at this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!