Monday, December 5, 2011

More diaper reviews.

HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND???  

Ours was perfect. We got to get some Christmas shopping done and that honey of mine took us on a sushi date.

 IT WAS YUMMY!



We love  Kona Grill. Their happy hour prices are awesome, but their sushi. . .amazing. My favorite is the Red River Roll. MMMM.

 So I figured I would do a couple more cloth diaper reviews. Last time I posted about Bum Genius 4.0 One Size Pockets, Fuzzibunz one size and the new Fuzzibunz Elites. If  you missed that post, you can find it HERE.


One of my favorite things in the world is to find a bargain. Even better than a good price is a product that doesn't necessarily reflect that price. In other words cheap doesn't necessarily mean the product is CRAP. When I started investigating this cloth diaper thing I kept hearing about Sunbaby diapers. Mostly from my IG girls and especially Rashelle over at Ramblings of a Crazy Pregnant Woman.  She has the MOST adorable little girl who has the most stylish CD collection. :)

Any who Rashelle seemed to really enjoy Sunbaby diapers and Sophia looks adorable in them! I may or may not stalk her pictures on IG. :) So I had to check them out. At the time, Sun Pei was only selling lots of 12 diapers for $60 . Though it was an amazing price, I  wasn't willing to spend the money on 12 diapers I wasn't sure I would like for Ro. That's one thing you should always consider. . . EVERY baby is different. So what works for one baby, may not work for another.  I found a listing on Ebay for just one Sunbaby and went for it. However, now I see how crazy these women are for their Sunbaby prints, I should have bought the lot and sold them! :)

VIA

I purchased the Dot print seen above. When I got it I was so excited with how cute it was! 
CAAA-UUUUTE!
 I was also surprised at how trim the diaper seemed. There are hip snaps and an adjustable rise like the Bum Genius.  It seemed simple enough. The inner layer is a soft micro fiber fleece.  The insert was super soft and fuzzy microfiber. Both of which dry quickly when line dried. Love that when I'm in a pinch. :)

As soon as I prepped it , I had to put it on Ro's tiny tush. It was just as cute and trim on as it was off. .However, I had it on her for about 2 hours and we had a leak. This was a brand new diaper. 
IT  HAD  NEVER BEEN USED. 


BOO. 

 Keep in mind it was one of my first diapers purchased and I wasn't sure on the hip snaps with her rolly polly thighs. I had read somewhere that I should have dried it on high heat to seal the seams. You should usually try to line dry diapers when you can, but if not dry them on LOW. However, I went against the rules like I usually tend to do. 
HA.
 I haven't had a problem since. 
YAY!



This is my sassy diaper. :) I love it. I mentioned before that when I bought this, she was selling them only in lots 12 with or without inserts. Since then she has a listing for a lot of 6 diapers with 6 inserts for $36. 

THIRTY SIX DOLLARS!

 For some brands you can only buy TWO diapers for that price. This diaper is definitely a good price for new Mom's just starting out with CD. Plus if you end up not liking them, like I said before, there is PLENTY of Mom's willing to pay a good price for those sassy prints. :) Go check out her website HERE. Her prints are adorable!! Rumor has it that there may be a few more coming soon!  I'm thinking I may about to "splurge" on 6 diapers one day AFTER the holidays. 


My beginner stash also includes a FLIP cover with a stay dry insert. If I was really aware of how the system was supposed to be utilized I would have bought more inserts. :) So in the beginning, I can't really say I LOVED the diaper because, again, I only had one insert. The system is a cover, much like the Bum Genius (also made by Cotton Babies) however there is no stuffing or fleece lining. It's just the waterproof cover. 
VIA

You then have the insert that you just place inside the cover and fold over according to size. 

Small Medium or Large



I have the stay-dry option. There is also an organic insert for sensitive skin AND disposable liners. This system is perfect for traveling because it's not near as bulky as others, but having a disposable option is nice as well. When we travel we just use our small wet bags that I got from Essie Designs as a shower gift, but being able to throw away the inserts is a nice idea. 




I recently bought another cover and more inserts and do LOVE this system. Again, when I'm out and about, it's nice to take out the insert, toss it in the wet bag, and replace with a dry one. As long as the cover isn't soiled or you're not able to just wipe it clean. . . then all you need is inserts! Much less bulk in the diaper bag. As I mentioned before, it's so much like the Bum Genius 4.0, so of course I love it. It's just a hybrid type instead of a pocket. Go check out the Flip website HERE to look at all their products. I definitely think this is a MUST for our stash with as much traveling and errands we do. 


I hope you all are having a great week. We have been having unusually COLD weather. 

We're trying to stay warm so we don't catch a cold. However, someone has learned to "cough" so  we just have pretend colds around here. :)


We've been trying to stay warm and cozy as much as possible. However, I do like to get out occasionally or I go stir crazy just talking to a 6 month old all day. :) So for church yesterday & Target today I had to whip out our cold weather gear.

She doesn't look amused at all. :)



 STAY WARM OUT THERE!!!!

Lots of Love,
The Boff








1 comment:

Please stop by and say HOWDY!