Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baby Led Weaning

I had mentioned in the post HERE that I was interested in making my own baby food AND in Baby Led Weaning. Well for almost a month  now we've been trying purees and Sass is not a fan. SHE LOVES rice cereal, but when it comes to food she would rather have it in the mesh feeder that I mentioned HERE. Every day I just feel weird about trying to get her to eat mush. It just doesn't feel right to me. She gets frustrated, and the last thing I want her to do is not ENJOY eating. So we're going to try the Baby Led Weaning route. 


You Tube has a lot of fun videos,  the Baby Led Weaning website, & this site was mentioned to me by a friend of mine. They all have great resources if any of you are interested.  I think the concept is pretty neat. So This morning we skipped the cereal (I may give her some later since she does enjoy it) and went straight to the good stuff. I didn't use the mesh feeder either, just to see what she would do. 

Big girl likes to eat. She had no problem figuring out where to put the food. She did great. She was chewing no problem. She didn't swallow much, but she still did. I think using the mesh feeder in the beginning helped. There was broccoli and bananas EVERY WHERE but she seemed to enjoy it so much more. I sat with her and chewed on some berries. She was mocking me chewing, it was cute.


So I would say day one was a success. We'll play this evening too. I really need to go to the grocery but I need to make a list. . . .that takes a lot of planning. :)


Rowyn started some new syllables the last couple of weeks. We've got Pa, Ba, and Ma going all day long. Yesterday she was putting several of them together. It was cuuuute. She has no clue what Ma-ma-ma means, but it still was music to my ears. I'll be so proud one day when she starts saying that word intentionally! :)

Hope you are all having a fun filled day! OURS IS STILL COLD!

We've got the fleece PJs on to stay warm! :)

Have a blessed week.
Lots of Love,
The Boffs

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing baby led weaning too. Bird cannot stand the puréed food. And it was never my intention to really feed it to her. I prefer it. She's so cute! And I'm loving the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely researched and loved BLW, but after my son had been eating purees for months. Oops. We started late but he really enjoys it (he's 10 mo.). I'll be starting early with our next one :) Glad you are both enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!