Thursday, December 29, 2011

7 months...way too fast.

Rowyn turned 7 months old on Monday.




 For her 7 month birthday, she decided to cut her first two teeth. BOO! So that hasn't been any fun. We're working on a few different teething remedies from other Mommy's suggestions. I'll let you guys know what works best for us. 

Every day, The Honey & I look at each other and continuously say "SHE'S SO EFFIN CUTE!" That's ok to say, right?? 



Ro is the happiest little girl around. If she can't make you smile, then the're is seriously something wrong with you. Rowyn also loves to talk. Ma ma ma, Da da da, etc. all day long. She seems to talk more when she's tired. It's pretty funny.

She is usually always happy and smiley when she wakes up. She usually wakes up between 6 & 7 to eat. So I usually just put her in bed with us. She eats and we fall back asleep for a little while. The best feeling in the world is to wake up with the tiniest little hands on your face and her patting patting patting away. 

SO CUTE! 

She is getting good at mocking. We ask her, "Rowyn, what does Miller do??" and sometimes she'll pant like a dog. Not always, but when she does it is PRECIOUS. 



She just started sitting up on her own. She topples over sometimes, but generally she's pretty good.

She'll occasionally reach for you when she wants a certain person to hold her. Talk about melt your heart! 

She still hates being on her stomach, so the crawling thing doesn't seem to be anywhere in our future. 

She loves to hear Mom & Dad sing Patty Cake and The Ants Go Marching. If she's crying I'll usually sing one or the other, she instantly goes quiet. I can usually get a big smile out of her too. 

She's still pretty small for her age, but we just figure she'll stay pretty petite. 

She loves to bounce. LOVES IT! She usually talks while you bounce her so her voice sounds all shakey. It is HILARIOUS! 


She has dark blue eyes with a brown spec like her Mommy. :)

Her hair is growing and it looks like it's going to be a dirty blonde or light brown.

She loves to chew on her feet while being naked as a jay bird. Our little hippie. 

We take two to three naps every day. Some days it's 30 minutes, and then some days we get lucky and they're longer. . . Not very often though. :)

She is such a joy to be around every day. 

Products we love:



We are loving it. We tried mush and every time she refused. I just had this guilty feeling in my gut. I didn't want our meal time to be like this. So I did the research and I'm so glad I did. Rowyn hasn't tried anything she doesn't like. So far we've tried avocados, apples, pears, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli, chicken, steak, ham, turkey, carrots,and bananas. Tonight we tried Tuscan Chicken pasta and it was a HUGE hit. 





If her diapers are telling us anything, she is eating pretty good! :)

video


Excuse the commentary on the video. Mute it if you don't want to hear my Dad & I talk in our crazy North East Texas accents. 
Here Rowyn is eating broccoli, avocados, and pears. I spread them out so it's not too overwhelming by having EVERYTHING on her tray, but she usually beats her hands on the tray when she wants more. She was sitting on the floor in her bumbo. Generally I try to have her at the table eating with everyone, but my parents eat a little later than normal. :) So some nights she & I would just snack together. There is one part where she gags a little. This is normal and a GOOD thing. She seems to be doing it less and less, but it's to help them learn not to over stuff their mouths. I've said it before, but there is a HUGE difference in gagging and choking. I really feel like after reading the book  I have much better understanding and appreciation of the whole concept. 


Cloth Diapers.
 L.O.V.E them.   I'll continue to post my personal reviews on them. We got a few new ones for Christmas that so far I'm loving. I'm also planning on doing a  giveaway in the future. What do ya'll think??



Nursing Camisoles 

Every time I do a post I keep telling myself that I need to post about them & I keep forgetting. Target carries the ones I wear. I don't know what I would do without them. I don't wear a bra most days. Just these. It makes it nice not to have to expose my whole belly to the world.  Plus, I HATE WEARING A BRA! :)



We got a ton of new toys and such for Christmas so I'll make sure to update you guys on our favorites next month.

Products we don't like:
Now that we've been doing this baby thing for 7 months, we seem to have gotten it down a little better. I struggle with finding things we don't like. I'll continue to post if we do, otherwise go to our first few months for reference on those. 


Every time I do these posts I get kind of sad. It's going too fast. :( We just love her sooooo much. 






Hope you all are having a fabulous week. Now that I'm back home and getting into the groove again. . . blogging will get back into the routine. 

Lots of Love,
The Boffs




4 comments:

  1. She is just so stinkin precious! Chloe is the same way about being on her tummy! I don't know if she'll ever want to crawl! Ha we just carry her around everywhere or sit her in our lap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and looks like such a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just popped over from instagram, I didn't know you blog! I loved seeing the changes in your sweet girl. The time just flies by, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, giveaway please! I love hearing your thoughts. Could you do a post on nighttime cloth diapering. what diapers you use, how it's going and any bumps in the road you have had.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!