Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Capital L in Looney Tune

Lack of sleep and pure exhaustion make you do silly things.

Like try to put the milk in the pantry. More than once.

Start crying to your poor husband as he's walking out the door to work like a toddler hanging on your leg for dear life. Only because you haven't had time to take a shower, go to the bathroom, eat lunch, or brush your teeth. All because you spent all day trying to get  your sweet baby to sleep longer than 30 minutes.  I seriously have bruises on my stomach from leaning over the crib from shushing and patting.  (Oh silly Baby Whisperer.)

Throw your arms in the air in victory  in the middle of church because your kid found her fist & is sucking on it, which means your one step closer to letting her out of that damn swaddle she hates so much. She hates it so much she sometimes spends half an hour grunting attempting to get out. (I've got mad swaddling skills. )

As your laying down for a nap as soon as your daughter has FINALLY fallen asleep after three days of barely doing so. . .  you notice poo on your hand that is right up against your face. You seriously contemplate that you would rather get a few more minutes of sleep rather than get up to the bathroom to wash your hand.  I washed them. . . .promise. :)

All of it is so worth it, just because after two days straight of GLORIOUS napping she looks like this:
Happy Nakie Baby!


I've missed a few tasty Tuesdays. I decided that since I started putting myself on a Blogging "schedule" it seemed more like a chore than fun. So I'm just going to go back to what I did before. . .blog for myself and when I want to. It makes it more fun and it all truly comes from the heart.

However, I did make this delicious recipe a few weeks ago and I love it. LOVE IT! Tom isn't a fan of veggies but he even loved this. If Tom cooks a meal. . . it never includes a side. Never. Either its too much work or like I said, he could care less about the greens.

I, on the other hand, love veggies! So when I found a recipe he liked, it made me happy! Maybe he'll try more new veggie recipes. :)

Green Beans with Goat Cheese and Tomatoes over at Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box. I'm pretty sure I've posted one of her recipes before. If not, I'll probably do it more often. Her blog is awesome, and her recipes are super easy. Instead of the goat cheese, I did feta. I love both, but I love feta more. I also used white wine vinegar because that's what I had instead of the sherry. It tasted amazing, still. It was perfect. We had some left overs afterwards, and it was just as good the next day after being refrigerated over night. 

MMM! YUMMY! 

Go try it. It's super quick & easy. Promise! 

Hope you're all having a great Tuesday! 

Here's a little extra cuteness for you! 


Sorry it's sideaways. . .  I can't ever get my phone to go the right way.  I don't know why we thought this was so funny, but it was cute. 

Lots of Love,
The Boffs













3 comments:

  1. HI!!!!! Thanks for the sweet words! :-) That side recipe is AMAZING! :-) annnddd. . . is it horrible that I want to eat EACH forkfull of greenbeans with a crumble of cheese and an almond. . . kind of defeats the purpose of the veggies but oh well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I was going to have to ask you how long it has been since you had taken a shower once you had Rowyn ;) I had the car today - I could have come over and let you take one! Oh, and milk in the pantry? Been there - tried that :) Hang in there - you're doing awesome!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how I miss you my friend! Its amazing how crazy you become as a new mother and how worth it it is! It just gets better and better my friend....keep enjoying the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!