Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!

I love fruits and veggies.  L-O-V-E When I was prego I craved fruit ALL the time.

My favorite fruits would have to be pineapple, strawberries, and watermelon.

My fav veggies are definitely turnip greens, mushrooms (I know it's not, but I'm considering it a veggie!), and CORN! LOVE ME SOME CORN!

When my parents were here a while back they cooked us some delicious meals. We tried an amazing corn on the cob recipe. With the 4th of July coming up, I think this would be perfect for the occasion.


Mountain-Style Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic

 via



The Goods:
6 (or however many you want just adjust the recipe accordingly) large ears of corn, in the husks.
2 full heads of garlic (OH GARLIC....I LOVE YOU, my breath not so much.)
6 teaspoons EVOO
Zest of 1/2 lemon, finely grated
3 Tablespoons salted butter
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro ( I DO LOVE ME SOME CILANTRO)
Salt & ground pepper to taste.

Steps to deliciousness:
1. Cut off the tops of the garlic heads. Place cut-side up in foil. Drizzle with 2 T olive oil. Wrap up and bake for about an hour at 350 degrees until the garlic is super soft.

2. Let the garlic cool a bit, then remove the cloves from the skin. Combine in a bowl with lemon zest, butter, cilantro and the remaining olive oil. Season with S&P.

3. Peel back the husks on the corn but keep them attached. Clean out the corn silk. Spread the garlic butter mix all over the corn, then fold the husks back. Wrap the corn in foil.

4.Fire up the GRILL! Cook the corn over moderate heat, turning occasionally  Press on the foil to feel when the kernels are tender, which could take 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue grilling the corn and turning frequently until the husks are charred (6 to 8 minutes).

5.Carefully remove the husks and serve.

6. ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! 




I'm telling you, this is yummy! What's not to love?!?! Corn. . . good. Cilantro. . .good. Garlic. . . GOOOD (insert Joey voice from The One Where Ross Gets High. Yes I'm a Friends nerd, and so are you if you have any idea what I'm talking about here!)


Ok, back to my bambino that has been asleep for 2.5 hours (GLORIOUS after what we went through yesterday.) I'm going to go look at her for the 1 millionth time to make sure she's still breathing. HA Ok. . .  yes I like to just stare at her too.)


Miss Sassy herself. She's got the kissy face down already!


Lots of Love,
The Boffs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!