Tuesday, June 14, 2011

OMG LU LU...You have to try this!

So I'm working on making a few daily/weekly themes for the blog. . . so then maybe it won't be baby baby baby well mostly baby.  When I first started blogging I figured I would be more into the craftiness going on around this crazy place, but I'm totally into the recipes! So maybe soon I'll do a weekly post on new recipes we've tried. Suggestions on a day or a quirky title???

Tom & I love to cook, especially together. Since I've been on house arrest I've picked up several new recipes. When Mom & Dad came to stay for a week when Rowyn was born we tried a few also.

This is a awesomely sinful yummy dessert. It's a must for summer. I've had the recipe for a while from a page I ripped out of some  magazine I did not own.  Mom decided she would make it one night.

Warning: This is one of those that has to chill/freeze for SEVERAL hours. So don't make it thinking you get to dive right in a serve. BUMMER. If you're as inpatient as I am this is VERY hard, but SO WORTH IT!

Strawberry Cream Freeze: 
Via

Ingredients

1(8oz) Philly Cream Cheese, softened.
1 cup cold milk
1 (3.4 oz) package JELL-O vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
20 Nilla Wafers, coarsely broken
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (we s just eyeballed it because 1 cup didn't seem like enough! I LOVE STRAWBERRIES!)
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping

Directions:
1) Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. GRADUALLY beat in milk. (otherwise it might be a bit lumpy. . .  It was still yummy lumpy though! HA) Stir in Cool Whip, wafers, and strawberries. Swirl in ice cream topping.
2) Serve:
    a)Pie: Spread filling into 6 oz Oreo Pie crust. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Garnish with additional berries.
    b) Mini Pies: Spoon filling into 12 cupcake liners. Freeze 4 hours. Remove liners, & garnish with additional berries
     c) Waffle Bowls. OHHHH I LOVE A GOOD WAFFLE BOWL (Obviously the choice we made!) Freeze filling for 6 hours or until firm. Let stand 15 min. before serving in bowls. 



DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! 

AND EASY!

I hope you guys have a blessed week!
Here's a little eye candy for you!
I know. . .  I could just eat her up. . . but I won't noms my baby because  then who would I take a million pictures of?!?!


Lots of Love,
The Boffs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!