Sunday, June 26, 2011

A month ago...

Our lives changed forever. . .for the better.




I can't get over that a month has flown by! Looking back through the hundreds of pics we've already taken. . . she has changed so much already!




What we've learned about Rowyn so far:
  • Big girl can eat! :)
  • She goes from 0 to 100 in about 2 seconds flat if she is hungry and The  Girls aren't offered to her in enough time (2 seconds)
  • She is very squeeky & grunts like Lorraine on Mad TV. Its HILARIOUS!





  • She goes in a trance when Tom vacuums. She must of heard it so much in utero (The Honey has OCD tendencies. HA)
  • She loves the bath, but HATES getting out!
  • Her gummy smile melts our hearts.

She still has that sweet baby smell. Yes Tom & I spend a greater part of our day sniffing our delicious kid. You would too. :) Her eyes are still that newborn blue. . .we can't tell what color they're going to be yet. Her dirty blonde rat tail is starting to fall out. HA Who knows how it will grow back. 

In a months time, these our the baby gidgets/gadgets/stuff I love:
  • Our bassinet. It was my nephews. If it wasnt given to us, we wouldn't have bought one, but I LOVE IT!!! Its so nice when she's in it, we can just roll her around the house to wherever we are. So for a new paranoid parent that has to check her for a chest rise and fall every 10 minutes. . . it's perfect. Tom thought it was too "foo foo" but he's learned to appreciate it too.
  • The mini sleep sheep on the go. We have it hooked up to the bassinet so whenever we put her in it she can have the white noise to fall asleep to. I'll be honest, I may not be able to fall asleep without it. :)
via
  • Carters Swaddle blankets and Swaddle Designs blankets. Rowyn LOVES to be swaddled when she goes to bed, and these blankets are THE best. 
Carters - We only have two, which I keep rewashing. They're so soft  like a really worn in T-shirt and stretchy, so it's easy to wrap around her nice and snug.

Swaddledesigns.com - These are a bit pricey, but so worth it. If I were you get the gift sets with the burp cloths too. THEY ARE AWESOME ALSO! Super thick and absorbant.


  • Mother's Milk Tea: This stuff is great. It made my milk come in super fast and it really doesn't taste too bad. . . ADD SOME SUGAR :) It isn't FDA approved so  you may  want to talk with your OB, Peditrician, or lactation consultant before you take it. I totally give my SIL the credit for this stuff. She's the one that suggested it, and it works. We both got a great deal on amazon.com. It's a bit expensive at the grocery.
via
  • Fisher Price Whale Tub: We've only used it a few times, but its great. Bathing a newborn is a tad scary, but this little sucker makes it pretty easy on us. Not to mention she seems to enjoy it. . .  that is, like I mentioned before, until we take her out. :)

  • Pampers. Oh Huggies, you have not been my friend. I knew we would have to try them all out before we could figure out which ones we liked for us. Everyone we talked to had their own opinion. Pampers swaddlers just fit her better. I've been pooped & peed on mulitple times with the Huggies. I will say I do like the Natural Huggies better, but Pampers just protected her wee little tush my lap the best.
Things I'm still hoping we learn to love:
  • The Boppy. I'm sure it has everything to do with how small she is, but we have major love/hate relationship with that thing. I continue to give it a chance, because I was told I WOULD LOVE IT. . .  I'm guessing it'll just take some time for her to grow into it.
via


  • The swing. For the first couple of weeks, Ro seemed just fine it. She fell asleep and would stay there until I couldn't stand it anymore and had to get her out. :) For the last week, it's a 50/50 chance she'll like it. Usually she's in it for about 5 minutes and then screams bloody murder. I hope she grows to like it, because I looooooove our swing. It's too precious. 
via

Again, it's only been a month, so I'm sure next month I'll have a whole new love/hate list that I'll share. No, no one is paying me to review any of these products. This is just my mommy opinion. . . take it or leave it. :)




We got her newborn proofs back this week OMG! soooooooooooooo precious. I'm having a hard time deciding which ones I want. I can't wait to show ya'll!!!!!  Until then I'll continue with my iphone pics. 

PS. I've found a new obsession. Instagram. L-O-V-E.





Have a blessed weekend.
Lots of Love,
The Boffs








1 comment:

  1. oh i miss how much new babies sleep! she's just so beautiful! sweet baby...

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!