Monday, April 25, 2011

Prego nesting/cooking.

My childhood friend, Hanna, over at A Little Chit Chat always has the most fun and RANDOM blog posts. It keeps me entertained whilst twiddling my thumbs. :)

I STOLE YOUR PIC! :)

 Today she is linking up with Lyndsie at A Love Worth Waiting For for Monday meals.

 So since I spend a lot of my time on the internet through out the day doing some "window shopping" at Zulily, stalking you all on blogger, Facebook (now that lent is over) and finding new recipes for Tom & I to make....I figured I would link up too!

Tom & I aren't exactly  foodies, but we LOVE to cook together. It's kind of our other thing. :)  We don't have the biggest kitchen in Texas, but our two tushies make it work.  It's always fun to see what recipes we will try again and which ones we will improvise a little next time. I will say The Honey is the KING of improvise. I can guarantee you if a recipe requires garlic or cheese......He's going to put a little extra in there. I'm usually one to stick with the "rules" but I've learned from my better half that sometimes a little extra never hurt anybody. :) Even if it seeping out of your pores for days to come....

Via


So since I'm not allowed to get out of the house much, we have been doing lots of cooking. Last night Tom allowed ME to cook dinner.....which consisted of me pulling up a barstool to the oven and sitting most of the time. It's pretty difficult to sit while cooking, but it is possible. :) Especially when The Nazi is making sure your abiding by the rules. (He takes his role VERY seriously!)



  These days I'm feeling pretty helpless, other than being a human incubator.  So, it was so nice to feel productive and useful.



So last night I made one of our favs, Baked Ziti. YUMMMMM! I don't know where I found this recipe, but again I do spend a lot of my time internet searching for something new for us to cook. So there is no telling.

For this incredibly easy recipe you will need:
1 lb of ziti noodles      
1lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
 6 oz package of sliced provolone cheese          
 1 1/2 c sour cream          
 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tblsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 (26 oz) jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce    

1.) Start boiling you water for the Ziti. Add salt if you like. I sometimes add bouillon cubes or broth for some seasoning. Otherwise, plain old fashioned water does just fine. Once boiling add the ziti and cook until al dente. (I just love typing that! ha) Drain.

2) While you're waiting for the water to boil, and your pasta to cook. Combine the ground beef and chopped onion in a LARGE skillet. Brown the meat over medium heat until its done.

3) Add spaghetti sauce to skillet. We use Emerils Roasted GAHHHHLIC, because lets face it. GARLIC IS DELICIOUS! However, any sauce will do. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes.

via


4)Preheat oven to 350 degrees

5) Grab a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Layer as follows
       a.) half of Ziti noodles
       b.)provolone cheese
       c.) sour cream
       d.) half of sauce mixture
       e) rest of Ziti
       f) mozzarella cheese. (Tom & I love cheese, so we usually use the whole 8 oz bag. What's two more ounces right?!?)
      g) rest of sauce mixture
      h) Parmesan Cheese.  Again, 2 Tablespoons isn't all that much to us cheese whores. So improvise if you want! :)

6) Throw in the oven for 30 minutes and enjoyyyyyyy!

I made it with a new lemon almond broccoli recipe last night and my mom's awesome garlic cheese biscuits. SO YUMM!  I know....garlic, garlic, garlic. We love garlic.

 Baby was definitely doing a Happy  Ziti Dance after that meal.

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!

Lots of Love,
The Boffs

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish!!!! I will for sure try this sometime soon!! Yummy! I might even try it tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet r u!!!!! LOVE U!!! oh and yummmm i will be making that THIS WEEK.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!