Monday, October 18, 2010

The Big Easy

So the weekend finally arrived......
The weekend of our best friend's, Tony & Desiree', wedding!! It was an amazing weekend and an incredible wedding.

We flew into NOLA Wednesday afternoon. Tom had worked the night before so we couldn't wait to check into our king sized bed for an afternoon snooze. You  know me, I'm always up for a nap. When we woke up, Dessy Do wanted some sushi (and its been a really hard feat to get that girl to go out for sushi!) so we are all excited. Rock 'n Sake here we come!! We went there for my bachelorette weekend and I couldn't wait to get my chop sticks back in an LSU roll.  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Thursday was the rehearsal dinner. The boys had some errands they had to run, but what did I do??? SLEPT. I went to sleep at 11:30 the night before, woke up for an hour and half...then slept until 3:30 PM! WOWSA. Normally I would have felt really guilty, but I was on vacation. :) We got to the church, which was incredible, and did a super quick run through of the ceremony. There were NINE members to each bridal party, 18 total for you math majors. Two ring bearers, two flower girls, 4 ushers, 3 gift bearers...and a partridge in a pear tree. :) It was just a lot of people and surprisingly everything ran super smooth.


The dinner was at a place called Austin's Steakhouse (ironic??) and the food was delicious. It was a good time with all of their crazy families and friends. We felt so welcome and had a blast with everyone.

Friday was girls spa day. We went and got manis & pedis. It was fabulous, and Lord knows this girls doots looked awful. It felt so nice to get a little pampering in. Plus I was on pins and needles waiting for my padres to get there.....I've MISSED THEM and I needed a distraction. After the nail salon, was the bridal luncheon at the Bourbon House. Des also took me here during my bachelorette weekend so I was super stoked to get back. Again great food.....My booty had the potential to grow a few sizes this weekend I'm sure.

After a full belly and yet ANOTHER nap, my parents finally arrived and we had dinner at the Palace Cafe and walked Bourbon St. No we didn't get too crazy (we had a wedding to get ready for the next day!) but we had a good time. I love that my parents love to try new things...its something I hope Tom & I always live by as well.
My Mom--Mrs. sassy

Saturday came early. I met Des & the girls at a suite in our hotel at 9AM. At first I kept questioning why in the WORLD are we meeting so early for a 7 o'clock wedding. Remember how I said there were 9 bridesmaids??? Yeah....that's why. Every single one of us got our hair and make up done. It was so fun!! All of us looked fabulous.

The ceremony was so beautiful and the partay afterwards was a blast!!! Des killed it on the dance floor, The Wiseguys band was great, the food delicious, and most importantly....Our two best friends looked so happy. Tom & I are so blessed to have the two of them as a part of our lives and to soon BOTH be living here in the ATX! WHOO HOO!





Tony's brothers





Gettin ready for the 2nd Line

Daniel....probably just got finished fist pumpin.' :) 




Back to the grind this week. This weekend Tom's parents are coming in town and we're super excited. I'm sure the weekend will be full of exciting details. :)

Lots of Love,
The Boffs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop by and say HOWDY!