Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I absolutely love Birthdays...not even my own.

Tonight  we went to eat for my precious sis-in-law's Birthday. Amanda was the first Texas girl brought into the Bofferding household. What can we say?? Those Minnesota boys must really love Texas! :)

This is (from left)Tom's parents-Mark & ReNee, his big brother Nick, Amanda, Baby Belly- Abby in utero, and us
This is actually a few weeks before Tom proposed/the first time I met his parents.

From day one, Nick & Amanda made me feel like a part of the family. Amanda always likes to fill me in what she calls "Bofferdingisms" which are the silly little sayings and quirks that those crazy Bofferdings have. I've already started my own for Tom, but that's something that deserves a post of their own. I do have to say, being born and raised in Texas and marrying into a family that were all born and raised in the mid-west....it can be a culture shock for both! It has been a great adventure but I am so glad I've had a personal instruction manual (Amanda) to guide me through.
My sister-in-laws: Amanda & Tom's sister, Laura...and of course, Abby! :)

We went to, one of my very favorites, Texas Roadhouse! Yes, I probably ate it weekly in Texarkana, so it was a nice "feels like home" spot when I moved to Austin. Now I don't eat there near as much, obviously Austin has GREAT food. However, I do love getting to have a chicken critter or two occasionally.
Abby enjoying a Texas Roadhouse roll...she says, "MMMMM!" No really she does. :)


We also got a chance to hang out with our favorite niece, but she's not our fav because she's our only one :). She's getting so big and squirmy! Tom & I are so glad we get to be around, especially before the new Baby Boff makes his/her appearance in December. Maybe we're a little partial, but SHE IS SO DANG CUTE!

We were lucky enough to babysit Miss Abby, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, a few weeks ago. We had so much fun.
She kept pointing to the box of toys....everything I took out she shook her head "No," at it. So what do I do?? Put her in the box and let her go CRAZY! :) In Tom's words, "We're really good babysitters."
So starts another week of work. I told Tom last week I felt like I was on the verge of losing my mind. I'm really struggling with the fact that I don't get to see my new husband. I know there are those military spouses that don't see there significant other for months or even years and I totally look up to them. However, I didn't sign up for that...I WANT TO BE A NEWLYWED!
Poor Tom.  I follow him around like lost puppy when we do see each other and especially before he goes to bed. Tonight I was watching him brush his teeth and of course he's like "What in the world are you looking at crazy woman??" I just have to soak it all in, even teeth brushing, when I won't see him for days at a time. I know....pathetic. The most frequent response I get from people is "One day you'll be so tired of him you'll wish it was like this again!" This makes me sad....but until then I just want a chance for him to get on my nerves. :) Not looking for pity, just glad I've got this blog to vent....to my three followers! HAHA



On a positive note, my bestie Desiree' is coming in to town this weekend! YAYYYYY! I'm sure there will be some exciting adventure to share. Until then..
Lots of Love,
The Boffs

2 comments:

  1. u have 4 followers!! and i suuure couldnt imagine working those hours ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. your niece is such a cutie!
    i'm a big baby when my hubby is gone, too. be proud to be so in love :)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop by and say HOWDY!